Apple French Toast Roll-Ups – slices of bread, topped with delicious cream cheese and apple cinnamon mix, rolled up and dipped in egg and milk mixture, then cooked until golden. Once cooked, they are rolled in a cinnamon sugar mix for more flavor and texture.
Source: Home Cooking Adventure
Makes 10-12 roll-ups
2 medium apples, peeled, cored and cut in small pieces
1/2 tsp (1.5g) cinnamon
2 tsp (10ml) lemon juice
3 tbsp (45ml) milk
10-12 toast bread slices
4 oz (120g) cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup (67g) sugar
1 tsp (3g) ground cinnamon
2 tbsp (28g) butter, for cooking
1. Place apple pieces, cinnamon and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Cook over low-heat for about 3 minutes, until apples start to soften. Transfer apples into a bowl and set aside to cool until ready to use.
2. In a bowl combine sugar with cinnamon and set aside. In another bowl beat eggs with milk and set aside.
3.Remove crust from each slice of bread and flatten using a rolling pin.
4. Spread cream cheese evenly on each slice of bread.
5. Add about 1-2 tsp of apples and roll up each slice.
6. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and melt about 1 tbsp of butter.
7.Dip each roll in egg mixture and cook on each side until golden brown. Cook 3-4 roll at a time. Clean the pan slightly with a paper towel and repeat until all rolls are cooked.
8. Roll into the sugar cinnamon mixture.
9. Serve warm and dip in maple syrup if desired.