How to make Apple Upside Down Cake easy!, A delicious dessert that looks soo good, no other decoration is needed and this makes it perfect.
source: Home Cooking Adventure
Make about 8-10 servings
50 g (1/4 cup) +1 tablespoon butter
7 tbsp sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
75 g about 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
5 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp sour cream
1 grated lemon
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking powder
11 tbsp flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Butter a 10-inch (26 cm) round cake pan.
2. Peel the apple and sprinkle the lemon juice on top. Cut them into wedges, remove cores and slice them.
3. Melt butter in a saucepan. Add 5 tablespoons of sugar and cook until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture turns golden brown. Pour mixture into prepared pan and arrange apple slices. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of sugar and add 1 tablespoon of chopped butter over the apple. Cook in the oven until you prepare the dough for the cake.
4. While the apple is in the oven prepare the batter. Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Beat all flour and baking soda evenly in a small bowl and set aside.
5. In a large bowl, whip cream with butter and sugar until well mixed. Beat egg yolks, sour cream, lime peel and vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture and stir well.
6. Beat the egg whites until firm and firm. Fold them into the butter mixture.
7. Remove the apples from the oven and sprinkle cinnamon on top. Pour the batter over the apple and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and a toothpick is inserted in the middle of the cake.
8. Remove the cake from the oven and let stand for about 5 minutes, then use a knife to run around the edge to keep the cake from the pan and turn the cake over on the plate.
9. Can be served as it or with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!