These double chocolate muffins are made with whipped cream. We don’t need to add butter or oil, the fat in the whipped cream is enough to make one of the more moist muffins ever. Pairing this with chocolate is great. The muffins don’t stick to the muffin paper cups at all, they come out very easily.
Makes 12 muffins
2/3 cup (135g) sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup (250 g) heavy cream
1/3 cup (40g) cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 2/3 cups (210g) flour
4 oz (120 g) bittersweet chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 180C (350F). Line the muffin tins with paper cups. Cut the chocolate in small chunks.
2. In a large bowl place the eggs, sugar, salts and vanilla extract. Mix well until thick, creamy and pale yellow colored. Whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
3. Add cocoa powder over the whipped heavy cream and mix to combine.
4. Add whipped cream to eggs mixture and mix well.
5. Add baking powder and flour and mix to combine.
6. Fold in the chocolate chunks and keep about 2 tbsp of chocolate for topping.
7. Spoon mixture into the muffin cups. Add the remained chocolate chunks on top of them.
8. Bake for about 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool a bit over a wire rack before serving. If the chocolate on top melted entirely add some more chunks while they are still warm to get a nice look on top.