Nutella Cheesecake is One of the best cheesecake with a really dark chocolate crust with oreo biscuits, a layer of white cream cheese, a subsequent layer of Nutella and finally a rich Nutella topping that makes you absolutely irresistible irresistible.
Source: Home Cooking Adventure
Makes about 12-16 servings
250 g (about 2 packages of 16 oreos each) oreo cookies, cream removed
6 tbsp (80 g) unsalted butter, melted
Cream Cheese Filling
35 oz (1 kg) cream cheese, room temperature
3/4 cup (175g) heavy cream + 2 tbsp, cold
2/3 cup (190g) Nutella
1 cup (200g) sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 eggs, room temperature
2/3 cup (190g) Nutella
1/3 cup (80g) heavy cream
1. Prepare the crust. Preheat oven to 350 F (180C). Remove the cream between oreo cookies and crush them using a food processor. Melt butter and pour over the crushed cookies. Process until evenly moistened. Press cookie mixture with the back of the spoon into the bottom of a 10-inch (26 cm) springform pan (with a removable base). Bake for 13-15 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
2. Reduce oven temperature to 300 F (150C).
3. Prepare the cream cheese filling. In a bowl combine the sugar with cornstarch.
4. In a large bowl beat the cream cheese with 3/4 cup heavy cream until well combined and the mixture seems fluffy as the heavy cream has whipped a bit. (This is very important, because this is what makes possible creating the 2 layers effect.) Gradually add the sugar mixture and mix until creamy and smooth. Add vanilla extract and mix again until well combined. Add eggs one at a time until each egg is incorporated.
5. Reserve about 1/3 of cream cheese mixture in a separate bowl. Add Nutella and 2 tbsp of heavy cream over the reserved 1/3 of cream cheese mixture and mix well until incorporated.
6. Pour the white cream cheese mixture over the prepared crust. Carefully add Nutella mixture on top and use a rubber spatula to spread evenly.
7. Bake for 45-55 minutes on 300F (150C). Turn off the heat and leave it another hour in the oven.
8. Remove and run a sharp knife completely around the inside edge of the pan. Let it cool completely at room temperature.
9. Prepare the Nutella topping. Bring cream to a boil and pour over the Nutella. Mix well and spread evenly over the cheesecake.
10. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Decorate with some chopped hazelnuts before serving if desired.