These baked donuts are both healthy and really delicious. You don’t even need a special pan or donut cutter for this recipe.
Source: Home Cooking Adventure
Makes about 14-15 doughnuts
2 1/2 cups (315g) all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp (2g) salt
1/3 cup (66g) sugar
15 g fresh yeast (1 tsp active dry yeast)
1 tsp (5g) sugar
2 tbsp (28g) butter, melted
2/3 cup (160ml) lukewarm milk
1 egg, beaten
extra flavor if desired: vanilla, lemon zest, cinnamon, etc
1/2 cup (140g), Nutella, room temperature
1/3 cup (80ml) whipping cream
1. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, salt and 1/3 cup sugar.
2. In a small bowl stir fresh yeast with 1 tsp sugar until it liquefies. Dissolve yeast in 1/3 cup milk and then add to the flour mixture. Add the butter, egg and rest of milk and start kneading until smooth and slightly pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
3. Cover with plastic wrap. Let it rest for about 1 hour at room temperature (warm space) until doubled in size.
4. On a floured surface, using a rolling pin roll the dough until ½ (1 cm) inch thick.
5. Use a doughnut cutter or 3 inch (7.5 cm) round cutter to cut the doughnuts and an 1 1/4 inch (3cm) round cutter for the inner circle.
6. Re-roll the rest of the dough and cut into doughnuts until no dough is left.
7. Place the doughnuts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, about 2 inches apart. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for about 30 minutes.
8. Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
9. Bake the doughnuts for 8-10 minutes until slightly golden brown. Make sure you don’t overbake the doughnuts.
10. While they cool slightly prepare the Nutella glaze.
11. In a bowl combine Nutella with cream and if it still too thick gradually add more cream until desired consistency is reached.
12. Dip the doughnuts halfway into the glaze, use a knife to spread the glaze where necessary and add nuts or sprinkles on top.