Simple crepe recipe with vanilla cream cheese and topped with homemade cherry sauce, . The recipe is very easy, you only need a few ingredients to prepare the crepe and the options for filling are endless.
Source:Home Cooking Adventure
Makes about 12-15 crepes
2 tablespoons (30g) sugar
1/4 teaspoon (1g) salt
1 teaspoon (5g) vanilla extract
1 cup (240ml) milk
1 3/4 cup (220g) all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons (40g) oil
1 cup (240ml) carbonated mineral water
25 oz (700g) fresh cherries
2/3 cup (135g) sugar
1/4 cup (60ml) water
2 tablespoons (30ml) lemon juice
Cream cheese filling
Cream cheese 14 oz (400g), room temperature
1/2 cup (60g) powdered sugar
2 teaspoons (10g) vanilla extract
1. Prepare the cherry sauce. Chop the cherries and place in a small sauce pan. Add sugar, water and lime juice and bring to a
simmer, stirring occasionally. Simmer until mixture thickens, about 20 – 30 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely before use. This sauce can also be made a day or two in advance to save time. Refrigerate before use.
2. Prepare crepes. In a large bowl, mix eggs with sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir in the milk, stir in the flour and mix well. Add oil and mineral water and beat until smooth.
3. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Sprinkle with a teaspoon of vegetable oil or butter. Drizzle a small ladle of batter into the center of the pan and with a circular motion, spread the dough over the sides of the pan.
4. Cook crepes until the bottom is lightly browned. Flip the other side and cook until lightly browned. Repeat with remaining dough.
5. Prepare the cream cheese filling. Mix cream cheese with powdered sugar and vanilla in a bowl until combined.
6. Fill crepes with cream cheese filling, fold and drizzle cherry sauce on top.