These cute sugar cookie nests are really pretty and delicious too. They are made with simple sugar cookies for the base, green chocolate ganache on top, and egg-shaped candies for garnish. They are so bright and colorful, a perfect side dish for the upcoming spring and Easter.
Creates about 18-20 nests
2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon (2g) baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (110g) butter, room temperature
1/3 cup (70g) sugar
1 teaspoon (5g) vanilla extract
7 oz (200g) white chocolate, chopped
1/3 cup (70g) whipped cream
2 teaspoons (10g) green food coloring gel
1. In a medium bowl, mix flour with baking powder and salt.
2. In a large bowl, mix butter and sugar on medium-high speed until smooth. Add eggs and beat until smooth. Beat in vanilla extract. Add flour mixture and stir to combine.
3. Wrap dough in plastic wrap, shape into a disc, and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or if in a hurry, freeze for 30 minutes. The dough needs to cool to make it easier to roll as this helps the cake to keep its shape.
4. Meanwhile prepare the white chocolate ganache. Place the chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl and keep the heat very low, stirring constantly until completely melted. Add food coloring of your choice, if used.
5. Preheat oven to 375 (190C). Line two parchment paper baking sheets.
6. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough 1/8 to ¼ inch (3-6 mm) thick. Use a 3-inch (7.5 cm) round cutter and place
biscuits on prepared baking sheets. Roll up the scraps and repeat.
7. Bake for 9-11 minutes, until lightly golden brown on the edges.
8. Let them cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet; Remove and cool completely on wire rack.
9. Place the white chocolate ganache in a piping bag fitted with a 7 mm star tip and green ganache tubular circles on top of the cookies.
10. Decorate the cookie nest with egg-shaped candy.
11. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.