If you’re a chocolate lover You won’t be able to resist these Homemade Twix bars, they’re rich, and chocolatey, with a thick buttery crust topped with chewy caramel and a thick chocolate topping. Simply amazing and quite addictive.
Makes about 18 bars
1/2 cup (113g) butter, room temperature
2 tbsp (30g) sugar
1 1/4 cup (160g) all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
1 can (14oz -397g) sweetened condensed milk
3 tbsp (45g) butter
1/4 cup (50g) brown sugar
1/2 tsp (3g) salt
1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
7 oz (200g) dark or milk chocolate
2 tbsp (28g) butter
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
2. Slightly grease a 8×8 inch (20x20cm) square pan and line with parchment paper, in such a way that some edges overhang to make it easy to lift it up once it’s set.
3. Prepare the crust. In a large bowl cream together the butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
4. Sift the flour and incorporate into the butter mixture until crumbly and mixture holds together when squeezed.
5. Press into the bottom of the pan using the back of a spoon and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
6. Make the caramel. Place all the ingredients into a saucepan and place over low-medium heat, stirring continuously. Bring to a boil and continue cooking for 5 minutes more stirring continuously. . Pour over the crust and bake for 12 -15 minutes at 350F (180C).Let it cool slightly.
7. Melt the chocolate with butter over bain-marie. Spread melted chocolate on top of the caramel.
8. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.