This no-knead cheese bread is a great bread recipe. A bread with a perfect crust, with an elastic and chewy texture, wrapped with aromas of cheese and a touch of garlic, perfect for the cold season.
Source: Home Cooking Adventure
4 cups (500g) all purpose flour/bread flour
1 tsp (5g) salt
1/2 tsp (2g) garlic powder
1 cup (100g) cheddar cheese, grated
1 1/2 cups (360 ml) water
3g fresh yeast (or 1/4 tsp active dry yeast)
flour for dusting
corn flour for dusting
Extra cheese for the top, optional
1. In a large bowl mix flour with salt, garlic powder and grated cheese.
2. Dissolve the fresh yeast in 1/4 cup (60ml) water and add to the flour mixture. Add the rest of 1 1/4 cup (300ml) water and mix just until combined.
3. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Let it rest for 16-18 hours at room temperature.
4. On a floured surface shape the dough into a ball using a dough scraper as the dough is really sticky to the touch. Sprinkle flour and cornmeal over a clean towel, add the dough and cover. Let the dough rise for another 2 hours.
5. Turn the oven to 470F (240C) and add a 9 inch (23cm) round cast iron pot inside without the lid. Leave it in the oven for about 30 minutes.
6. Remove the cast iron pot from the oven, turn the dough into the pan, add some grated cheese on top if desired and put the lid on. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 470F (240C) with the lid on to create steam.
7. Remove the lid and bake for another 20 minutes at 440F (230C) to let the bread get some crispy golden brown crust.
8. Let it cool completely before cutting the bread.