Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bar – healthy ingredients, no cholesterol, no refined sugar, but still chocolatey, rich, a little greasy with great texture.
Source: Home Cooking Adventure
Makes about 16-20 bars
1 1/2 cups (180g) rolled oats
1/3 cup (60g) raisins
3/4 cup (75g) unsalted almonds
1/4 cup (20g) unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 tsp (2g) salt
1/2 cup (120g) creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup (80g) maple syrup, agave nectar, or honey
2 tbsp (30g) coconut oil
1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
1/4 cup (30g) cocoa powder
1/4 cup (80g) honey or maple syrup
2 tbsp (30g) coconut oil, melted
1/2 tsp (2.5g) vanilla extract
1. Slightly grease a 8×8 inch (20x20cm) square pan and line with parchment paper, in such a way that some edges are longer to make it easy to lift it up once it’s set.
2. Place the oats, almonds, raisins, and salt into the bowl of a food processor. Process until completely combined.
3. Add peanut butter, honey (maple syrup) and coconut oil in a small saucepan and melt over low heat. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
4. Add the mixture over the oats mixture and process until completely combined and the mixture holds together.
5. Spread the mixture into the prepared baking pan and press with the back of a wet spoon to create a smooth surface.
6. Prepare the chocolate glaze. In a small bowl combine the cocoa with honey (maple syrup), coconut oil and vanilla extract.
7. Spread evenly over the mixture in the pan.
8. Refrigerate for 2 hours to set. Keep leftovers refrigerated.