Chicken and chorizo rolls – a great variation of the classic paella, A great side dish for lunch or dinner. You can absolutely cook for your family
Source: Home Cooking Adventure
Makes about 2-3 servings
9 0z (250g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
3.5 oz (100g) chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
1/4 cup (50ml) white wine
1 pinch saffron threads
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 clove garlic
1/2 tomato, diced
1/4 red bell pepper
1/2 tsp (1g) smoked paprika
7 0z (200g) paella rice or arborio rice
1/2 cup (60g) frozen peas
salt and pepper to taste
Lemon slices (optional)
1. Cut the chorizo in thin slices and cut the chicken into 1 inch (3cm) pieces.
2. In a small saucepan add the chicken stock, wine and saffron and bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Heat a 9 inch (23cm) paella pan over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook for about 2 minutes until it releases its oils. Transfer to a plate. Add the chicken pieces to the pan, season with salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes until slightly golden. Transfer to a plate.
4. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add the tomato, red pepper and paprika and cook for 2 -3 minutes more, until the water from the tomato has evaporated.
5. Return the chorizo and chicken to the pan and stir to combine.
6. Sprinkle the rice, stir and pour the chicken stock mixture. From this moment stir no more. Bring to a boil.
7. Reduce heat to low and cook, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is almost absorbed. If necessary add more stock.
8. Add the peas, cover, and cook for 5 minutes more.
9. Remove from heat and let paella covered to rest for 5 more minutes before serving.