Ricotta Blueberry Pancakes are delicious, light and soft with a combination of Blueberries in pancakes, and are absolutely amazing in these ricotta-made cakes.
Makes about 8 pancakes
2 tbsp (30g) sugar
1 cup (240g) ricotta cheese
1/2 cup (120g) buttermilk
1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp (3g) salt
1 1/2 tsp (6g) baking powder
Zest from a lemon
Maple Syrup/Honey for serving
1. Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, ricotta cheese, buttermilk and vanilla extract. Add the flour, baking powder, lemon zest and salt and whisk until no lumps remain.
2. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold the whipped whites into pancake mixture.
3. Lightly grease a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add about ¼ cup of pancake batter and spread to form a 4 inch (10cm) pancake.
4. Add blueberries on top and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
5. Garnish with fresh blueberries and serve with maple syrup or honey on top.