Melon Ice Cream – easy, quick recipe, no ice cream machine needed. In no more than 15 minutes to prepare you can have a refreshing, flavorful and fruity summer ice cream.
Makes about 1 1/2 pounds ice cream
1 pound (500 g) Cantaloupe melon pulp
3 egg yolks
1/2 cup (100g) sugar
1 cup (240g) heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Add the melon pulp into the bowl of a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
2. Mix egg yolks with sugar and vanilla until thick, creamy and pale yellow colored. You can do that over a double boiler too.
3. In a separate bowl whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Fold the cream through the egg yolks mixture.
4. Add melon puree and stir to combine.
5. Transfer in a covered storage container and place in the freezer.
6. Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
7. Thaw ice cream 8 to 10 minutes at room temperature before serving.