Potato Soufflé is an easy recipe for a delicious side dish that’s perfect for the fall table. love the way it swells in the oven and the steam comes out when you start digging in it. The bread crumbs form a delicious crust on the bottom and edges and the cheddar and Parmesan cheese offers such a great flavor. Shallot leaves should not be overlooked as they bring out their unique color and flavor.
Makes 4 servings
2 tbsp (30g) butter, plus extra for greasing
3 tsp breadcrumbs, for coating the ramekins
1 large potato (300g), cooked with peel on
1 1/3 cups (85g) mature Cheddar, grated
1/3 cup (30g) Parmesan Cheese, grated
2 tbsp fresh chives
freshly ground black pepper
6 tbsp milk
paprika, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 450F(220C) and put a baking sheet in the oven to heat up. Butter 4 ramekin dishes and dust with breadcrumbs.
2. Peel the cooked potato and place in a medium bowl. Use a potato masher to mesh it well.
3. Grate the cheese and separate egg yolks from the whites. Add cheese, chives, black pepper and egg yolks over the mashed potato.Stir to combine.
4. In a small pan warm the milk with butter until the butter melts and pour over the potato mixture. Stir to combine.
5. Whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the potato mixture.
6. Fill the prepared ramekins with potato mixture and sprinkle paprika on top. Place in the oven on the preheated baking sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes until puffed and golden.