The wonderful combination of cranberries and pine nuts creates an easy and delicious Brussels Sprouts. When roasted, they will be crispy on the outside, soft on the inside.
Makes about 4 servings
1 pound (500g) Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp (30g) olive oil
1/2 cup (60g) dried cranberries
1/4 cup (35g) pine nuts (walnuts or pecans are as good)
1. Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts with salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and oil.
3. Place on a baking sheet and roast stirring once or twice, until golden brown, crisp on the outside, and tender on the inside, about 30-35 minutes
4. During the last 7-10 minutes of cooking time, stir in cranberries and nuts.
5. Transfer to the serving dish and serve immediately.