Crazy Cake – one of the best, moist and chocolatey, full of flavor and almost melts in the mouth. Do not use eggs, butter or milk.
Source: Home Cooking Adventure
Makes about 8-10 servings
1 1/2 cups (190g) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (100g) sugar
1/4 cup (30g) unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp (6g) baking soda
1/2 tsp (2g) salt
5 tbsp (70g) canola oil
1 tbsp (15ml) vinegar
1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
1 cup (240ml) hot water
7 oz (200g) semisweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup (120g) whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
2. In an 8 inch (20cm) springform pan add flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine.
3. Add the oil, vinegar, vanilla and hot water and whisk again until completely combined.
4. Use a spatula to spread evenly and bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
5. Let it cool slightly and remove the sides of the pan.
6. Prepare the chocolate ganache. Heat the cream in a small sauce pan, until almost boiling to the edges. Remove from heat and add chopped chocolate. Let sit 1 minute and then stir until smooth.
7. Spread the ganache on top of the cake leaving 1 inch (2.5cm) border at edge.
8. Use a spoon to create a flower shape.
9. Let the ganache set a bit at room temperature before serving.