Quick and easy recipe for cheese muffins, one of the most savory muffins, fluffy, cheese inside, with a wonderfully crispy top. They are simply as delicious as a fresh salad or soup and are a good alternative to children’s lunch boxes.
Makes 12 muffins
1 1/2 cups (190g) flour
1 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups (200g) grated cheese (cheddar is good)
1/2 cup (120 ml) milk
1/2 cup (120 g) yogurt
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup (60g) butter, melted
Freshly ground black pepper
Paprika and grated cheese to sprinkle on top
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Butter and dust with flour a muffin tray or line with paper cups.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
3. Stir in the cheese and black pepper.
4. In another bowl mix the yogurt with milk, egg and melted butter.
5. Fold the liquid into the flour mixture.
6. Spoon mixture into the muffin cups. Sprinkle paprika and grated cheese on tops.
7. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown.